Sunday 2 October 2011

I love Chelsea

I have something to confess. I really, really like watching trashy US dramas, as well as a few carefully selected reality TV shows. I am so happy that Gossip Girl and 90210 are back in my life with their latest instalments, and sometimes I even re-watch episodes of The Hills to pretend that I am a silly person living in a condo in Hollywood.

But more than any of the others, right now I love Made In Chelsea. I kid myself that I am doing work-related ‘research’ when I watch it – by observing the fashions and handbags adorning the characters. But really I just love the banality of it all, the awkward silences and the borderline-OCD chatter about who’s going out with who and why. I also love the area of London that it’s set in – the beautiful architecture and the cafĂ©-culture streets, the leafy avenues and rooftop gardens. I took these pictures when I visited Chelsea in May to report on the contemporary crafts exhibition, Collect, at the Saatchi Gallery. 


People queuing outside the Saatchi Gallery to see Collect



Pretty terraced houses in Kensington



I just love these pastel houses, with their tiny trees and exterior shutters  



Just look at those first-floor balcony trees - how wonderful!



Ye olde London archway. The next time I need to have an emotionally-charged and stilted conversation with a friend or loved one, I might just bring them here to do so. It will add a certain Made In Chelsea flair to my life

No comments:

Post a Comment